Creating a pathway for international entrepreneurs to bring their companies to New York City.
The International Innovators Initiative (IN2NYC) aims to address the challenges faced by international entrepreneurs when attempting to obtain a work visa by helping them become eligible for uncapped H-1B visas. The program connects international entrepreneurs selected through a competitive process with a City University of New York (CUNY) school. Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to build their businesses in CUNY co-working spaces alongside other innovators, while using their areas of expertise to contribute to campus life through activities such as participation in academic research and mentorship of student entrepreneurs.
By harnessing and distributing international entrepreneurial talent around New York City, IN2NYC will create high-quality jobs, foster the development of new entrepreneurship ecosystems, and provide educational resources for CUNY students and faculty.
The program is open to international entrepreneurs who have started businesses abroad and would like to relocate or expand to NYC, as well as international students graduating from U.S. universities or Optional Practical Training (OPT) programs who have founded their own businesses while on student visas.
The following schools will begin accepting applications for the program in 2016:
- City College of New York (Zahn Innovation Center)
- LaGuardia Community College (NYDesigns)
- Queens College (Tech Incubator Center)
- Medgar Evers College (Entrepreneurship & Experiential Leaning Training Lab)
- College of Staten Island (Entrepreneurial Incubator & Educational Center)
- Lehman College (Information Technology Innovation Lab)
- Baruch College (Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship)
Sign up for our mailing list to receive notifications as applications become available.